If you are trying to incorporate more “super food” in your daily meals, here’s a good one for you: black rice! Also called purple rice. This Chinese variety is a rare and tasty goodness. It is full of iron, vitamin E and antioxidant. Its high content in nutrients can
improve your sight, help you lose weight, reduce bad cholesterol, stimulate your cognitive functions, and help reduce menstrual symptoms. Impressive, right ?
Most of the time black rice is cooked in water, but you can also use it for a trendy-looking risotto !
Today we bring you a nice vegan carpaccio to go with it, perfect to feature on your Instagram feed and to treat yourself with healthy food. Chioggia beets are not only really cute, they also are full of antioxydant and potassium, which can prevent cancer. White miso brings a sweet cheese-like flavour to the cream, perfect if you are a
vegan or if you are just trying to reduce your dairy consumption. And of course, turmeric has proven its benefits to your body. Don’t forget to check our article about it here.
Recipe for 2
– 100g of black rice
– 1 chioggia beet
– 2 tablespoon of olive oil
– juice of 1/2 lemon
– 1 red onion
– 60ml of apple cider vinegar
– 100ml of water
– 1 tablespoon of raw sugar
– 2 aspargus
– 1/2 tablespoon of turmeric
– 10cl of non-dairy cream
– 1/2 tablespoon of white miso
– 1 tablespoon of puffed quinoa
– leek seeds
– pink himalyan salt
* Rinse the rice and put it in twice its volume of salted cold water. Cook for 45min.
* Boil the water, the raw sugar, a tablespoon of salt and the vinegar. Slice the onion in large pieces and put it in the boiling water. Let it boil for 8 min, then put the pickles and the water in a jar. Let it cool.
* Peel the beetroot and slice it thinly. Marinate in olive oil, lemon juice and himalyan salt for 30min.
* Mix the cream, the turmeric and white miso until it becomes a bit thick.
* Cut the raw aspargus in half.
* Arrange all the veggies on a plate, add the cream sauce as you like and sprinkle some puffed quinoa and leek seeds. Serve your black rice in a bowl aside.
Attitude Organic would like to thank you Nausicaa Marie Landré who kindly shared this recipe us. Great article and beautiful pictures XXX