Fajitas are a traditional Mexican meal that is delicious but that comes with chicken. Even though I stopped eating meat, I could not suppress them form my diet because I love them too much. Not only I love the taste of it but I also like the fact that I can eat them easily with my hands. I know it’s not glam but I am not sorry because it’s my favourite comfort food! For those reasons, I created my own version of Easy Vegan Fajitas. Here is my recipe for you!
Ingredients for Easy Vegan Fajitas – 4 servings
1 cup of quinoa (YES, those Easy Vegan Fajitas are also healthy!)
1 Big cucumber (or 2 small)
1 cup of chick peas (You may use a can for convenience)
1 red onion
Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar
Salt & Paprica
Instructions for Easy Vegan Fajitas
1. Cook the quinoa in 2 cups of water. Boil it until the water is fully absorbed. You may add a bit if water if you realise that it is not soft enough.
2. In a bowl, mix Olive Oil, balsamic vinegar and salt. I usually put 1 table spoons of oil for 2 of vinegar but you can change according to your taste. Most people prefer having 2 spoons of oil for 1 spoon of vinegar. Add a tea spoon of Paprika and keep mixing.
3. In the sauce bowl, placed your peeled and cut cucumber as well as your sliced onion and tomatoes. All your veggies must be cut in small pieces so you can easily dispose them in the tortillas.
4. Add the chick peas to the preparation and mix well. Once the quinoa is cooked, add it to the bowl and mix with your veggies.
5. Warm up the tortilla in your micro wave or oven. Less than 2 minutes. They need to be warm not grilled.
6. Place the mixture in the tortillas and try those delicious Easy Vegan Fajitas!
We hope you will like this recipe. Share your feedback about those Easy Vegan Fajitas in the comment.
If you look for a dessert to complete this meal, our Easy Vegan Vanilla Panna Cotta are perfect because they are light and healthy!