Eco-friendly Products for the Home
6 Air Purifying House Plants
- Aloe Vera plants work best in dry conditions with bright lights. The soil should be completely dry when watering. This is because the plant cannot absorb extensive amounts of water, which will cause the plant to die. As well as purifying the air in your home, Aloe Vera plants make a great moisturiser and burn treatment.
- English Ivy’s (Hedera Helix) should be kept at a constant temperature, in direct sunlight and watered generously.
- Snake Plant’s (Sansevieria Trifasciata) love bright light, but be careful to not overwater, as this will cause the leaves to rot. If you don’t have a lot of spare time, the Snake Plant is the perfect investment. It is very low maintenance (can be harmful to pets).
- Red-Edged Dracaena’s (Dracaena Reflexa) are also low maintenance and must be kept in indirect sunlight. Water to ensure the soil is always slightly moist.
- Chrysanthemum (Chrysanthemum Morifolium) plants work best in direct sunlight with a generous amount of water. Be careful though, as these plants are poisonous to animals.
- Peace Lilies (Spathiphyllum) don’t need watering too much, make sure to not put them in direct sunlight. Also keep the plant away from pets as Peace Lilies can be toxic to them and humans.