You are looking for a snack to bring at the office? This healthy granola bar recipe is made for you.
Ingredients for healthy granola bars:
- 1 1/4 cups of organic quick-cooking oats
- 1 of cup ancient-grain cereal blend (such as Cheerios + Ancient Grains)
- 1/4 cup of organic shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup of organic unsalted pistachios
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/3 cup of organic creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup of organic honey
- 1/4 cup of organic dry cranberries
Steps to bake the granola bars:
- Dispose unstick cooking paper in a cooking pan.
- Mix the oats, cereals, shredded coconut, pistachios, vanilla and salt in a bowl. Leave the bowl on the side.
- In a sauce pan, combine peanut butter, honey and cranberries. Cook slowly for three minutes or until the peanut butter melts.
- Pour the mixture over the bowl of cereal blend and stirr well.
- Place the whole preparation in the cooking pan and press firmly to obtain a compact layer.
- Keep the pan in the freezer overnight or until the granola bars are compact enough.
- Cut into bars.
- Bonne Apétit!
If you want to learn more about how you could have a good eating habits at the office, read our article about health lunch at the office.