Struggling to find the correct skincare for your skin type? Want to try an all-natural, homemade alternative? Check out our guide to totally natural skincare. Catered towards all different skin types, including natural ingredients for normal, oily, dry and combination skin types.
Natural ingredients skincare for normal skin
Normal skin is well balanced and neither too oily or too dry. It has a good balance of moisture, small pores and an even tone.
- Green Tea: tea, in particular green tea, has many benefits to help boost normal skin. It hydrates and balances oils. Its antioxidants help to reduce fine lines, age spots and prevents the breakdown of collagen, while having a brightening effect.
- Aloe Vera: this plant extract cools and refreshes the skin, as well as fighting dehydration by binding water to the skin. In addition, its antibacterial properties allow the skin to remain healthy with no breakouts.
- Rose Water: this scented water is a perfect skincare option for natural skin due to its ability to maintain the skin’s pH balance and control excess oil. It hydrates and moisturises skin and is able to heal the skin due to its antioxidant, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Natural ingredients skincare for oily skin
Oily skin looks glossy, shiny and shows visible pores. This skin type has an over production of oil and is known to be prone to acne, blackheads and whiteheads.
- Honey: honey can rid the skin of dirt and impurities, allowing pores to become unclogged. It is also antibacterial and antiseptic, helping to cure acne that oily skin may have caused.
- Witch Hazel: this can be used as a toner for oily skin. It removes excess oil, dirt and makeup without dehydrating the skin. In turn, it will tighten up pores.
- Lemon: this antiseptic citrus fruit helps decrease excess oil due to its cleansing properties. It also helps brighten the skin due to its high content on vitamin C, combatting acne scars and hyperpigmentation.
Natural ingredients skincare for dry skin
Dry skin can feel tight and rough. This skin type produces less oil than normal skin struggles to retain moisture. This can result in itching, redness, cracking and flaky skin.
- Jojoba Oil: this oil works to seal your skin with a protective barrier from losing moisture. It can also help to soothe dryness, itching and flaking due to its anti-inflammatory and healing properties.
- Shea Butter: it has anti-inflammatory properties to help heal cracked skin and reduce redness and soreness.
- Avocado: creating an avocado face mask can soothe dry and irritated skin. Mixing half a mashed avocado with some olive oil and leaving it for 20 minutes will leave your skin feeling moisturised and hydrated.
Natural ingredients skincare for combination skin
Combination skin usually varies between the t zone and the cheeks and consists of a mix of normal, oily and dry skin types.
- Tea Tree Oil: this oil helps to combat oily skin, while not dehydrating it. This is perfect for combination skin, which may suffer from both dryness and oil. It is also an excellent skin treatment for its antibacterial properties helping to prevent breakouts.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: make sure to mix this product with water to avoid it being too harsh on the skin. Putting this product in the t-zone works wonders to help balance excess oil.
- Salt: salt helps to balance oil and fight bacteria. This can help reduce acne and rashes. Mixed with water and sprayed onto the face is the perfect way to apply it.
If you enjoyed this DIY post, you should check out our Home remedies for clear skin.
Written by Olivia Rowe-Parr