If you were too tired this morning for your 10 minutes yoga sessions before work, no worries! You can catch up during the office hours with a few simple yoga poses. First advise, do not be scared of your coworkers strange glances, you worth better than that! Yoga at the office can also be a great help if your back is sore after 8 hours of sitting, keep reading to discover the asana.
Yoga to relieve your legs
If your legs feels a bit sore, tired or if you are just slightly bored (you know it can happen…), you can practice the below.
Standing thigh stretch is a good start.
- Stand feet together arms by your sides.
- Shift to your left foot.
- Bend your right knee and bring your right heel to your right buttock.
- Push your right hip slightly forward and pull your knee slightly back. Make sure that your right knee is under your right hip; that your hips are in line and that your knees are close.
- Keep your spine long and your shoulders relaxed.
- Hold for 30 seconds.
- Repeat on the other side.
Chair Pigeon Yoga Pose
You are wearing a skirt and you do want everyone to see your panties so you crossed your legs a bit too long and it is slightly uncomfortable now? Chair Pigeon Pose is the solution.
- Seat on your chair
- Cross your right leg over the left at a 90-degree angle, ankle on your knee.
- Keep the foot flexed and avoid to put pressure on the knee.
- Both sitting bones on the chair
- Seat upright.
- Hold for 10 breaths
- Switching sides.
Yoga for neck and shoulder pain
Neck and shoulders pains are the most common in the office, because of the seating position that you adopt at your desk, the two following yoga poses will help you to go through the rest of the day.
Seated Crescent Moon Pose
- Lift your arms overhead and stretch your fingers.
- Go to the right and take 3 deep breaths.
- Come back to the center.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Stand next to your desk
- Fold over with soft knees and relax.
- Grab your elbows, relax your neck and let the gravity do its job.
- Hold here for 20 seconds and balance yourself from side to side.
Yoga poses to ton-up at the office.
You do not want your body to become flabby because you will not have time to go to your yoga class this evening, those yoga poses are the solution:
Sit and Stand Chair Pose
Perfect to ton-up your butt
- Start in seated position, knees bent 90 degrees and your feet flat.
- Press down from your heels, do not move the feet toward your chair and resist from using your arms
- Stand up.
- Slowly sit back, up straight, 10 times.
The desk Chaturanga Pose:
If you are fighting to get strong arms, you will discover a new use for your desk:
- Rest your hands, shoulder width, on your desk
- Step your feet back, torso is diagonal line to the floor.
- Inhale and bend the elbows (90-degree angle, elbows towards the ribs)
- Exhale and press your chest back up.
- Repeat 10 times.
Just make sure your desk cannot move first or you could hurt yourself.
Yoga to relieve the stress
As a final exercise to release your back and your shoulders, enjoy a good stretch with the Desk Upward Dog Pose
- Same start than above.
- Arms straight, lower your hips toward the desk
- Stretch your chest between your shoulders and gently tilt your chin
- Hold for 10 breaths.
You have no excuse to not practice your yoga daily. Besides, this 10 minutes break will help you to distress and to refresh your mind in order to finish your day in productivity. So you will not do over time.